- Use a place value chart to investigate numbers with decimal places beyond thousandths.
- Estimate products and quotients with decimals.
- Multiply decimals by a whole number.
- Divide decimals to thousandths by a 1-digit number.
- Pose and solve problems involving decimal operations.
- Have your child look through newspapers, magazines, or the internet for examples of numbers with decimal places beyond thousandths. Have your child say these numbers aloud.
- While shopping, encourage your child to estimate the total cost of three or more of the same item. Have your child explain whether the estimate is an overestimate or an underestimate.
- While shopping, given the price of a package of three or more items, have you child estimate the cost of one
- Have your child visit the Horizon School Division and play math games N6.1 and N6.4.
ELA and Science
Here are some activities you can do to help support your child's learning:
- Invite your child to retell some of the stories and information that they are learning.
- Talk about ideas related to space and its exploration.
- Look through newspapers, science magazines and the internet, or watch television with your child to find space topics in the news.
- Ask your child to share and use scientific language and expressions related to space.